Thursday, October 15, 2009

Turning 31

Turning 31 on my birthday this past Tuesday was so much different than 30. It means I'm in my thirties, not just 30. And it means I'm in a new age bracket. Who ever decided on making age brackets anyway? Maybe doctors but then everyone else went on board from everything to buying a cell phone to online surveys, what's next shopping for clothes and rides at the fair?

I also entered the latest world of texting this week with a new cell phone and I gotta say I love it but it's one of those things that actually makes me feel old and out-of-date. I had it about 4 years ago but it's already changed so much and I have to be careful because it's amazing how much technology can consume every orbit of time in your surroundings. You add a few new numbers in, change your ringer and write a text message and the next thing ya know it's 2 hours later, wow, so not fair but so much fun.

Jim took me to dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant El Mexicano in Hudson Falls where they sang me Happy Birthday in Spanish twice, put a real fancy sombrero hat on me and gave me a really neat dessert with a single candle. Jim wanted to take a photo so bad and... I know - a photographer without her camera - can you believe it? Don't worry, I've heard it enough. Anyway, their dinners are to die for and luckily for Saratoga Springs they just opened up another one on Broadway right outside of town. They are still waiting on their liquor license at that location but I still highly recommend them. Not only is their food, drinks and murals fantastic but their customer service is the best around which is really important to me lately.

Here is a photo of me on my birthday at home after dinner with our traditional Mexican hats we use on every occasion.

MY CURRENT PROJECT: Belarmino Wedding
SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: I need a miracle by Fragma
CRAVING: to warm up, not used to the cold
NEEDED A MOMENT: JD's inconclusively broken thumb and technology beeps
BEST MOMENT: being able 2 txt Jim at all Xs bc I simply cnt live 1 sec w/out him lol...

3 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday!!! I have to say...I look at your web site everyday and I can't wait for you to photograph our wedding next year! Haven't been to El Mexicano, but love El Mariachi in Saratoga. Have a good week! Stacey (10/10/10 wedding!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) birthday!!!
    We never did get to that place when we were in HF, but I'm happy to hear they have one in Saratoga now. I've heard great things about it.
    So excited to see our name moving up your list! I can't wait!
    And Stacey - Enjoy! Holly is AWESOME!!! We <3 her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah! We only met Holly at our initial meeting, but we knew she was going to be our photographer right away! Enjoy your wedding! Stacey

    ReplyDelete