Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Uncle "Ronto"

My uncle Ronny, 70, is in the hospital with a serious lung infection. Doctors are saying it's only a matter of time as this point. Uncle Ronny "Ronto" was always the joking one, making you laugh at everything. I remember him at the family runions creating a show everywhere he went. He attended the Huffman reunion last month on July 19th. He was married to his late wife, Janice, no children. His girlfriend, now by his side, with limited to no visitors. Mainly because he wants to talk and the doctors say he shouldn't be, but that's typical for Uncle Ronto. We are praying for him which ever way his journey takes him. Love you Uncle Ronto...

There are 13 brothers and sisters on the Huffman side. Seems in the last two years we have been seeing my mom's side of the family passing. With only a handful left on my dad's side, it's really hard to see her side going. Ya know, reality is always there but it's still just as hard to accept it as anything else. It's times like theses that I'm also reminded of how important it is to have photos. Between this economy the way it is & digital market, it's easy to feel as a photographer that there may not have be place anymore for it. But when you want to look back, it is desperately needed. And I could kick myself for not attending the family reunions as an adult with a camera in hand.

Here is most of the Huffman Family siblings on my mom's side. Uncle Ronny in the first bottom row kneeling. My mom is in the second row, standing, second one in, blue dress & glasses. Below: Here is Uncle Ronny with his late wife, Janice.

No comments:

Post a Comment