Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My .COM "friend"

Well, I've had this ".COM friend" for some time now. It confuses lots of people and I'm sure I will be asked even more about my other out of the ordinary "friend" or shall I say competitor...? more often. Although they don't do photography directly, per say, and they are half a state away from me, it still is so confusing because they have a similar name and their website ends with the popular .COM and mine is the not-so-popular .BIZ. They have now since re-vamped their website to look similar colors to mine and although they have stepped up since their horribly neon pink catastrophe, it so frustrates me.
I have considered changing my website name to outoftheordinaryphotos.com but it seems more trouble than it's worth, along with the fact that it may cause even more confusion. I don't understand why their website can't be more like their full name, like: outoftheordinaryspecialevents.com or outoftheordinaryevents.com? But that would make too much sense and would be way too fair and we live in an unfair world. I guess I'll continue to lose some to this confusing mess.
Not to mention the idea that Jim & I see a whole wedding planning business in our future. And even though it's only an idea at the moment, what happens when we go for it? Change the name? For the record, I have tried making friends with them, to maybe even market each other, and they ignore me... and although I want to turn them in for using a copywritten popular song on their website, probably illegally, I won't because I'm a thoughtful person and everyone does things wrong in their life and I believe what comes around goes around. So for now I will remain defeated by the .com until the .biz becomes more known.
You may take a look and let me know what you think. It definately needs some work (like their photos are missing or behind their header but otherwise it's pretty fancy-smacy now, enough to confuse all my potential customers, that's for sure:
http://www.outoftheordinary.com/ Ok, now come back to mine! lol...

MY CURRENT PROJECT: Lewin sent. Finishing DiRenzo photos. Chouinard next.
SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) by Daryl Hall & John Oates http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vouDK-LELEU
CRAVING: more sleep
NEEDED A MOMENT: A clogged brain from a sinus head cold
BEST MOMENT: sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment