Thursday, January 28, 2010

A reflection back on Bryona's internship!

This past summer Bryona Schreckengost, my niece from Western Pa., stayed with us in Upstate NY. She chose to do a job shadow in photography for her senior project and I was honored to take her on as an assistant/second photographer. First off, she was great company during weddings and she allowed me to see things from a fresh view. I also felt what it would be like to have a full-time assistant. I'm glad she chose Out of the Ordinary for her senior project because I too learned from those images and the entire experience. I hope she enjoyed herself in that all too short month, not only in the business, but exploring NY, Maine and NYC. Most of all I hope it helped her realize the opportunities that lay before her once she graduates. I wish her all the best and she's welcome to stay again! Let's review and reflect on each wedding she worked with me on... thank you Bryona!
I took this one of Bryona at her first wedding with me at the Williams wedding.
Bryona took this at the 30th Birthday Surprise Party we covered, her first event.

Bryona took this shot at an engagement session, I love the corner cropping. Bryona got numerous bubble photos at Welliehausen wedding that captured this exit.
The Conway wedding. I think this was secretly Bryona's favorite, she did excellent with the formals. The Hans wedding was the first wedding I saw Bryona explore her full creativity. I was extremely proud of her.
A creative and emotional photo Bryona took at the Nowosielski wedding.
During Getting Ready at the Belarmino wedding Bryona managed to get this side photo while staying focused on the bride.

A sky view shot at the Senter wedding, this was the first one I directed Bryona with on what exactly I wanted while I stayed on the ground and she delivered!
I also wanted to add one more from the Senter wedding. This was Bryona's last wedding with me from the summer and you can see her improvement along the way. I love this bouquet catch photo she was able to get!
Bryona at the Belarmino wedding after taking detail decor photos of the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment