Monday, March 16, 2009

Tip: Pausing for reception intros is not necessary

I personally like the action look, or maybe everyone decides to do a dance or cheer as they get introduced. Or pick up or twirl their partner. The pausing is ok for the days when you wanted those traditional photos or for grandma, but you don't need to stop for me. I think it can look silly for the guest watching as well, then there is this awkward moment of everyone waiting for the photographer when the photographer already got the shot. It's just strange, even more so for video... so no pause or stop necessary unless you want to do a fun pose for the camera. You're DJ may ask you to, but if you have me, just tell the DJ that the photographer doesn't want you to stop and they'll be ok with it and can even check with me if they'd like. Sometimes I interrupt during the line up to state it, but I don't like to speak over the DJ when they are trying to do their job. If you want to stop, that's ok too, but don't feel you need to do it on my behalf.

MY CURRENT PROJECT: Kolta Wedding
SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: I swear by John Micheal Montgomery
CRAVING: tuna sub
NEEDED A MOMENT: burying Chipper, RIP my love (had to wait until the ground unfroze)
BEST MOMENT: Sushi Thai is back and reopened in Glens Falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment