Friday, March 13, 2009

Most important day of your life but not the only day of your life

I always like reading the intro's of other wedding photography sites. I'm sorry but some are so cheesy, not real life, at times too salesman-like and rehearsed. If it hasn't been said a million times—at least a hundred. And if that works for you great, but not for me, my priorities are different. This world has taught me a very hard lesson, especially being in such a fantasy type business. The lesson is called: Reality. It always gets in the way of our life plans. Just like anything, material objects do not last forever, things like Hurricane Katrina could hit at any moment and you could lose everything. Which brings me to the point I'm making. Yes, I agree, it's one of the most important days of your life and yes, your photos will be passed on for generations and yes, I am honored to capture your day. But it's also not the only day of your life. You may go on to a honeymoon, have babies, buy a house... who knows where your path in life will lead you! It's exciting! So remember, I'm not here to put up fake salesmanship, I'm here to capture just one of the most important days of your life. I am there to capture that smile on your grandma as she gives you love advice; that proud face of your father as he lets his child go; those tears from your fiancĂ© that don't happen that often; the silly dance moves of your brother; those are the moments.
In the end, I hope you enjoy your photos but what I hope for the most is that your love for each other outlasts any piece of paper, glossy or matte.

No comments:

Post a Comment