Monday, December 29, 2008

Ice Art

I'll never forget as a kid looking out the school bus windows, seeing the iced corners or sometimes ice covering every window and wondering how to capture it permanently. I thought of all media types, like putting watercolors on paper, then over laying it on the window, then letting it dry. I wanted it to transfer the lines and corners of the ice as it looked exactly, just like artwork. As I thought more about it, I figured it would be too warm and melt before it could collect on the paper.
It wasn't until I was an adult learning more about photography and professional cameras to realize this was best way to capture it all along. Now I don't have to worry about flash reflections in window and the detail is amazing. Although I don't ride school buses anymore, I do live in the Northeast where ice is readily available every winter season! I hope you enjoy my Ice Art - making ice into art collection, which I add to every year. It is natures beauty captured as it should be recognized, as artwork.

See more Ice Art

No comments:

Post a Comment