Thursday, September 4, 2008

Contract addition & policy changes

Effective immediately and added to all contracts:
"It is the sole responsibility of those who sign to have written requests of any specific photographs desired before the event. Out of the Ordinary will not be held liable for any missed group photos and will do their best in getting all photos of wedding party, family and guest willing to participate and be photographed with or without the bride and groom unless agreed upon or requested otherwise."

As I have reviewed and agreed upon in person or verbally for quite some time, this will now be added to all contracts. And adhered to immediately. I do my very best at every wedding and take over 1,000 photos but somehow I have managed to miss a couple here and there. I do go to every table and try to organize groups for photos or at least get couple photos of all of those willing. Please keep in mind that not all guests are willing for photos and I do not pressure anyone that does not want a photo taken, whether it be jokingly towards me or serious, because it can be hard to tell apart. I want to remind everyone that I do not always know every family member or family tree, nor their situations, or those wanted to be photographed in any particular order and/or which persons to be photographed with or by whom. This is why I let the bride and groom know before I leave the event to make sure all is covered. One of the reasons I am hired is that I do candid creative photos capturing an event as it happens, candids are mostly requested. Weddings are considered an event and less of a studio set up scenario. As I always say in every meeting or sign up, if you want certain photos, please request in writing before the event or note on the contract.

Long story short, you hired me, grab me at your event and ask for a photo. Simple as that. It is my responsibility to take the photo and that it turns out good, it is ultimately your responsibility gather the less obvious opportunities for me to capture.

Lastly if someone else is paying other than the bride & groom, such as parents, and they have special request, make sure this is covered before or during the event coverage. And although a list is sometimes just as hard for me to go by, it's better to have an idea than not knowing at all.

On a personal level I never had God parents and all of my grandparents have been deceased ever since I could remember. So I am less sensitive to these and although I always make sure to ask if there are grandparents, sometimes the formals are rushed by either an event coordinator or DJ and it can easily be missed. Just come up to me and directly tell me: "we will need to get the photos of grandparents (or any others) during reception."

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment