Monday, September 15, 2008

Explaining the process

I am in no way complaining for my success, just explaining the process. And although I love the impression I give off that things magically happen, the truth is there is no magic, just determination, hard work and adobe photoshop.

Please keep in mind that I go through every single photo, which can range from 1,000-1,200 or more, depending on the wedding. I want to be sure all are good and cropped, and color corrected if needed. Included are blemish touch ups on most photos, the artsy ones, sepia and black/white conversions. To maintain the quality in my work, this takes time. I have yet to process 13 weddings, 3 family photo sessions and more to come. I quickly totaled a photo count in my computer files and the result is to process more than 20,000 photos!
If I have time in between (which I haven't much lately) I like to make website updates outside of regular maintenance updates, which can take about 5-8 hours per wedding after re-sizing careful chosen processed photos at web size quality.

Oh & I have a personal life to squeeze in there too... ;)

So again, thanks for your patience.

2 comments:

  1. Holly,
    Hang in there! From looking at your site and calendar it's clear that your wedding season was really crazy! Glad you were able to do ours last weekend...I have some funny pix of you (from other's cameras) that I'll send along to you once I get a chance. You are always lurking in the shadows with that big lense!
    Take Care,
    Erin Callahan (now Wheeler!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    Hang in there your have exploded with well deserved business and everything you do is well worht the wait. Your pictures are beautiful and natural and me and my family thank you so much for the work you have done for us from my wedding to the family photos. We are excited and check the site reguarly for sneak peaks. You are doing a fantastic job and keep up the good work. Just remind everyone that good things come to those who wait...your work is definitely a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete