Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blog - Personal or Business?

I think the biggest struggle for me and having a blog is whether I should keep it personal or business. I don't think mixing both can be good, yet, that's my life. I'm not even sure if I'm trying too hard one way or another. My personality is my business, but can it be taken the wrong way because I am too honest & open?

I thought about having my blog only focused on the weddings, like all the other blogs out there for photographer sites, but I'm not feeling it. As pretty or cool as they are I can't bring myself to doing it. I know I am different than others when it comes to photography so maybe I should different in my blog too. I love every wedding I capture but for some reason writing about them afterwards doesn't come easy for me. That's why I express every wedding with the photos I take. I have yet to see another website like mine that displays every wedding they've covered, besides logging in to where customers buy prints. I'm not bashing, I'm just saying, everyone expresses themselves differently. To me, the photos are what tell the story. If a single photo is worth a thousand words than why am I writing for it?

If you've noticed, besides my FAQ's and blog, there isn't a whole heck of a lot of text on my website. It's all about the white space, or shall I say, grey space! :)

Well anyway, back to work for me. Thanks for the recent comments.

MY CURRENT PROJECT: Sweet wedding photos complete, finishing their album. Working on Mraz photos.
SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: My made up song to Chipper using his name. lol... hey - I'm alone all day, gotta sing to someone!
CRAVING: coffee
NEEDED A MOMENT: still searching for a schedule that fits me

BEST MOMENT: sipping coffee

1 comment:

  1. Don't mess with perfection, your sight and blog are perfect. Past customers, current and future customers all come and look at your sight because on your sight you can see the beautiful work you do wether is weddings, families, children or nature. Don't make your sight boring like the rest.

    ReplyDelete