Friday, October 19, 2012

Love my work so much that it makes you angry?

Please, for the love of God, don't meet with me if you don't like my style to begin with. I don't need a meeting of critique and bashing the entire time. It's not that I can't take it, I've been there done that, but at this point in my life—I have better things to do. I expect to get questions and I'm not saying everyone who meets with me has to sign up. If you aren't sure that's one thing and understandable but if you think you can photograph your own wedding, please, feel free and don't waste my time. Really I'm past that phase in my career. I've had meetings where they either:
  • only like one or two of my photos on my entire website
  • only like the color accents
  • don't believe I did the photography on my website
  • don't want to pay me for my work
  • want a photographer with a studio
  • really want another photographer but want my prices
  • expect me to do other photographers' style that isn't mine
  • have unrealistic expectations, ie supply a beach and an old fashioned car at all locations
  • only met me because they needed one more for their bridal check-off list that's in their binder that says they have to even though they already know they are not choosing me but that's what "they have to do" or their "parents made them" and hey you look like a good photographer to waste time with so humor me
  • or just want to stalk me
If you feel any of the above listed don't contact me. Lol, true stories.

MY CURRENT PROJECT: Murray wedding
SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: Journey - Who's crying now
CRAVING: to stretch
NEEDED A MOMENT: pens and tape
BEST MOMENT: laughing hysterically over a super long tea bag string in Jim's tea

No comments:

Post a Comment