Monday, September 14, 2009

More than just a photographer

I know you are excited and I know it's hard to wait but please remember, when you hire me, you are also hiring a designer to do the artistic renderings such as color accent, b/w versions, touch-ups, etc. I go over every photo to be sure it is print ready -- the first time around.

By touch-ups I mean acne, mosquito bites, bruises, shave burn, shine/sweat, or other unavoidable things. This takes time and I can only hope you try to understand that I want to do the best work possible. The beauty is that you never notice that you had to have a touch-up done! If for any reason you do NOT want any touch-ups done and do NOT want any artsy versions I can send them as-is unprocessed but will not discount and will not later process the archived images.

Other photographers have different procedures and may not release print ready images or can take a year to process so I don't think 10-14 weeks is unreasonable. To compare me to other photographers is like apples to oranges because I am so different in the process. I do my best to still get your images returned to you in a timely manner. In the end, just as I will probably never understand what your job entails, some things will never be understood by those who do not do this line of work and I ask that you please trust me in mine. I guess that I will never make everyone completely happy and there will be opinions either way but at least I keep my process consistant and that is one thing you can count on.

In the meantime, if you need a couple images for a newspaper or such, I don't mind sending them ahead of time. Please send me a note.

If you are interested further, check my calendar for the latest wedding schedule, this too effects processing time and I apologize if this offends anyone but this is what I do for a living and that is how I was able to do it for you. And yes, someone has complained about this in the past.

I love you all and enjoy what I do. I couldn't ask for better couples so thanks again for your patience!

2 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like big changes and a lot happening in your world. Hang in there - your work is amazing and speaks for itself. Our pictures are FANTASTIC and were worth the wait (which by the way is short compared to so many other photographers)! We have 2 shelves in our house with all wedding pictures - it's like a Holly gallery! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Holly! As hard as it is to wait, It's totally worth it! I can't wait to see the pictures, and I'm so glad you put some sneak peak ones up on the website. Thank you so much! You are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete