Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A place for the train

As many of you already know, my father passed away when I was little at age 11. But what you may not know is that he loved to collect antique toys and one of his favorites was a Buddy-L train. This particular train was one that kids could sit on, which was quite the exciting thing back in the day. Not worth much anymore between eBay and being repainting twice - but it's worth the world to me. I helped my dad fix it up before he passed and it only seemed right that I inherit it. I never had a place for it until recently and it sat in an empty house in Pa. for a number of years. Eventually I brought up to NY with me but I had yet to find an official place to put it. Finally, I can say it is in a set place where it is on display and we plan to decorate with a train theme around it. It finally feels right. Below is a couple photos of the train & I before it was repainted and one photo of it on display.
MY CURRENT PROJECT: Finishing Rourke Wedding & Sideshow
SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: Into the Mystic by Van Morrison
CRAVING: sleep and to concentrate
NEEDED A MOMENT: those who judge others that are childfree
BEST MOMENT: watching my tulips bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment