Sunday, May 3, 2015

Organic Vegan Green Tea Avacado Banana Ice Cream

The lazy crazy healthy food lady had a craving!

Organic Vegan Green Tea Avacado Banana Ice Cream. Now that's a mouth full but so is this ice cream. It is so yummy and it fits exactly what I was craving.

Simple ingredients that are easily accessible and affordable, only needing a blender to make.

We don't eat out anymore. There just isn't any fully organic options nearby and the only one place that is close to an organic menu still doesn't have that damn green tea ice cream. Definitely not like I used to get at the sushi restaurant we went to back in the day after a spicy pineapple chicken dish. Oooh spicy pineapple chicken... OK back on the ice cream. So I'm left with making up my own organic recipes myself, which is not a bad thing, I get more and I know what goes into it. ;)

Ingredients
  • 2 avocados, peeled (a trick for this, push halved avocados against a glass top and peel down, so much easier!)
  • 2 bananas, peeled
  • 1/2 cup cashew butter
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1 cup of green tea, steeped (I used decaf)
Instructions
Now I suppose if you wanted to eat it sooner you could freeze the peeled avocados, bananas and iced green tea cubes ahead of time made into a chilled instant smoothy but I didn't do that this time. So today I used all room temp ingredients.
In a blender, add in all ingredients. I like to put in the liquid first so it doesn't stick as much. This photo should be similar to what it looks like out of the blender. 

Find a container to freeze it in with a top. Put in freezer for 6 hours or over night. Another cool trick is to put the container or any ice cream inside a plastic bag and it keeps it from freezing too hard.

Once fully frozen, set out for a few minutes to soften, scoop and enjoy! I also tried to blend it frozen by adding a little more water and it came out cool, smooth and creamy. 

If you are like me, I can never wait the full amount, so of course, I peeked and it was about half frozen after 3 hours. Which looked a lot like this.

Oh man so close. Ha! I guess it's best to wait. The question is, will I have enough for a final photo by the time I'm done, eh em, checking on it? I mean I have to taste-test it, right?

****The next day****
 Here is it is as hard ice cream
 Here it is put back into the blender frozen with a little water for a softer ice cream.
My hubby said I should try adding in chocolate chips or cocao. That would be yummy too. Hmm, even some mint! Let me know what ideas you came up with in the comments. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment