Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Outdated Information Vent

Well first off before I vent. I just want to say that may our thoughts and prayers go out to my friend Tracy's boyfriend. He had a heart attack this past week and survived but he is still going through major tests to figure out why. As we all know it may not matter your age or how healthy you are, it does play a factor, but I believe most is genetics (as I learned with my dad). Some is lifestyle and depends on what paths we choose in life. I wish them the best in their findings and hope all is well.

My vent today is about outdated material in bridal binders, newspapers or magazines about wedding photography and planning. It seems like they just pull some past 1970s article and stick it in there without ever really reading or updating it, only making sure things look nice. This makes all the vendors suffer because when we meet with a potential client (if they are using these sources) we have to answer obsolete questions that sorta pertain but not really at all anymore. Sometimes we can even tell when they are reading straight from an outdated list. Not to mention the cost of living is up from the 1970s and all their venue prices are completely off. So how is this avoided? My advice is to look a few different sources before you only go by one. Also I find the internet is a little more updated than most paper sources. The best advice of all may be to find a friend that recently got married and question them first. They will tell you what matters, what to trust, and what they would change if they could. I think they would all say overall to relax and enjoy your day and let things go. The more trust you put in vendors, the better your day & results will be.

MY CURRENT PROJECT: McCormack Wedding
SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: Somewhere over the rainbow by IZ
CRAVING: Coffee
NEEDED A MOMENT: when time flys
BEST MOMENT: waking up to no snow, it's not supposed to snow before Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. As the mom of a recent bride, I can't agree more with Holly's statement to let the vendors do their job for a more enjoyable day. The important work should be done in selecting your vendors...then let them do what you've hired them to do. BTW, Holly is an extraordinary (no pun intended) artist. Her photography is exceptional. We are so pleased to have had her at our daughters wedding. After a few shots of my own, I put my camera down and enjoyed the day, confident that Holly would get the shots we wanted. Can't say enough good things about her.

    ReplyDelete