Sunday, January 25, 2015

Organic No-bake Coconut Cookies

The lazy crazy healthy food lady has a new idea!


I was craving no-bakes but I haven't made them in YEARS. Last time I made them they were super unhealthy and I didn't know what the hell I was doing back then... using a horrid amount of sugar, and well, let's not go there. So in this new phase of my life I looked around and realized I didn't have any quick oats... what ever that means. I'm still confused what kind of oats to use, I have instant oatmeal oats, is that the same? I have no idea. I didn't want to screw it up. So I saw that I had shredded coconut and the excitement of making them just got more exciting. This is so quick and easy you'll want to make them all the time!

Ingredients
  •  4 tbsp of coconut oil or butter of choice
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1 cup cashew butter
  • half cup of raw cocoa powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 or so cups of shredded coconut
Instructions
    Heat coconut oil or butter of choice in sauce pan on medium heat. Stir together 1 tsp maple syrup, 1 tbs honey, half cup of raw cocoa powder, 1 cup cashew butter, bring to light boil and remove quickly. Then add 1 tsp vanilla and stir in 2 cups or so of shredded coconut. It's important to add the vanilla in after so it doesn't cook out and evaporate. Stir until the shredded coconut is nicely coated. Put spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Put in freezer until hardened, spatula to remove, they should pop off without oiling the pan and without using wax paper (which I do not have). Then enjoy! To store find a container to fit and keep in fridge. Warning: they don't last long!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment